CURLY GIRL METHOD!!!!!!!
Things You'll Need
- Curly hair
- Hair gel
- Leave-in cream
- Wide-toothed comb
- Old t-shirt, microfiber towel, or paper towels
- Clarify AND CLEAN with a sulfate shampoo before beginning. This will cleanse your hair of any silicones--ingredients in some hair products that are not water soluble.
- MAKE SURE HAIR IS HEALTHY AND NO DEAD OR DAMAGED ENDS EXIST.
- USE a wide tooth comb!
- Don’t shampoo your hair. Most shampoos contain drying sulfates that are very damaging for curly hair They make curly hair frizzy and uncooperative. Using conditioner in place of shampoo will cleanse the hair just as effectively without stripping it of moisture.
- WASH with conditioner, wash scalp with conditioner gently message and loosen dirt with fingertips
- Distribute conditioner throughout all of your hair and untangle gently. Use your hands or a wide-toothed comb. Start by untangling bottom sections of your hair and then gradually move upwards. Let the conditioner sit in your hair for five minutes or so for extra moisture. You also may want to part your hair at this point with a comb. Part your hair to the side to prevent "triangle-shaped" hair.
- Do the final rinse of your hair with cool or cold water. This will decrease frizz and add shine. Leave some conditioner in your hair, especially in dry sections like the ends. It is fine to run your fingers through your hair gently, but do not comb your hair after this point.
- Apply products to your hair. Do it while it is soaking wet if you have curlier hair, but wait five minutes or so if you have medium to wavy curly hair. Put product in your hands and rub them together to emulsify. Then, smooth or rake the product into your hair by sections. A common method is to begin with a leave-in cream or conditioner to decrease frizz and then follow with a gel for hold and definition.
- Gently scrunch your hair with a t-shirt, paper towels, or a micro-fiber towel to remove excess moisture, as a generic terrycloth towel will make your hair frizzy. You may wish to finger shape your curls at this time instead. Next, wait five or so minutes so the hair can permanently assume its current shape.
- Dry your hair. Air drying is the easiest and gentlest way to dry your hair.