Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Curly Girl method


MY ROUTINE!Just in case...you aren't sure of what the Curly Girl/Conditioner only method is...basically Curly Girl and Conditioner only are one in the same but this is my understanding and how I DO the CURLY GIRL/CONDITIONER ONLY METHOD!
Alright so basically here is the method and what it means, and why it is beneficial to girls with CURLY HAIR (thus the name curly girl method) It is really just Conditioner Only, and it is a method of cleansing your hair in such a way as to retain and impart as much moisture as possible. Conditioner CAN be used to CLEAN hair, so many people think only shampoo cleanses which is completely false, conditioners work well with CURLY hair, i personally think the CG and Conditioner only method work best for people in the 3 category of hair, I'm a 3c and it works perfectly for me, I saw results after the first wash, Now I DECIDED to go Cg and CONDITIONER only because I'm on a growth challenge, and moisture retention will help in length retention which is my goal!...also because my hair is curly and i just got tired of it being a big frizz ball, CG/Co-washing helped me and my hair understand each other, my curls just needed some TLC and now Im going to give them just that!Honestly speaking you don’t need to wash your hair daily, and you don’t need to use harsh cleansers and sulfates to clean your scalp and hair.YOU SHOULD CO-WASH IF: you have a sensitive scalp and could or is allergic to sulfates,and if you have curly hair its also for people with extremely dry and fragile hair, and for people who are looking to GROW their HAIR LONG!!!....yes that's right to GROW HAIR LONG!!!!
Best part is... co-wash conditioners are CHEAP!!! lol you can use vo5...suave, herbal essences, I choose to use SUAVE and Herbal Essences Hello Hydration because these work for MY hair, research and try and figure out what works best for your curls.!
HOW TO:
-wet your hair with warm or cool water
-apply conditioner to scalp ( I pour conditioner in palm rub on finger tips like lotion and then massage into scalp for even distribution)
-massage your scalp and apply conditioner to hair, gently rubbing in paying attention to each clump of curls.
-NURTURE your ends, pay attention to your ends!REMEMBER!!the healthier your hair the less trims you'll need the longer your hair will grow.!
-rinse with cool water OR for the Conditioner only Co-WASH N GO rinse with cool water and REAPPLY some conditioner for curl definition.!
THIS WILL TAKE TIME, NOT EVERYONE'S RESULTS WILL APPEAR OVERNIGHT...BE PATIENT IT MIGHT TAKE UP TO A MONTH.BUT STICK IT OUT FOR MOISTURIZED HAIR!
MAJOR SHRINKAGE BECAUSE MY CURLS ARE SO DEFINED HAHA LOL!!!
freshly washed with suave conditioner MUCH more defined curls!
-We will be on this journey together.

2 comments:

  1. I've tried the curly girl, my hair looked so bad, i hope it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the Best Conditioner to use on 4c hair?

    ReplyDelete