Saturday, July 7, 2012

Protective Style: Two Strand Twists.

My Top 10 reasons You should try Protective Styling 

  1. CANT KEEP YOUR HANDS OUT YOUR HAIR
  2. EXPERIENCING BREAKAGE
  3. NEED A BREAK FROM A STRENUOUS REGIMEN
  4. SAVE MONEY
  5. LENGTH RETENTION GOALS
  6. CONVENIENCE
  7. EXCESSIVE SHEDDING
  8. UNCOMFORTABLE WITH CURRENT LENGTH(WEARING IT OUT)
  9. HAIR IS AT A STAND STILL
  10. LOW MANIPULATION TURNS TO HIGH MANIPULATION i.e (retwisting/ rebraiding for that twist/braid out EVERYNIGHT.)

       Lately I've been noticing my damn HANDS IN HAIR SYNDROME is getting straight out of control I go right to the crown of my head about 20 times a day and scratch, pull on the hair, rake through it with my fingers and anything else I want to do but I wonder why that part of my hair always feels dry...maybe it is because i wont keep your damn hands out of it. I really think i do this because self consciously I know that part is shorter than the rest of my hair, but praise God that it is still growing despite my crazy habit. I was sitting on the couch watching TV when my cousin tapped me and said "there you go messing with your hair again" and I'm all looking stiff faced because she was not lying although i know i need to stop i keep on bothering it and scratching it, it could just be a habit or maybe its something I do out of nervousness but hell it really doesn't matter I just need to quit. My cousin said you need to do a style that you wont touch as much and I was reluctant at first because I'm Curly Girl Method crazy lol aaaaall about moisture so I had no idea what to do. I know my hair needs a small break from WashnGo's because of me smh I will touch it ALL damn day if i could so I told myself Id just wear some two strand twists for at least two weeks-1 month maybe even the rest of the summer(trying to challenge myself&retain as much length as I can) now being curly girl I WILL still incorporate my co-washes and deep conditioning because i know how important moisture is for my hair of course I'm remaining silicone and sulfate free I'm just trying some protective styling protecting my strand against myself lol! Since My hair is really curly and not coarse at all and I have medium fine strands, (my hair is not necessarily "fine" but its not "coarse" at all and it is more fine than medium so I just say I have "medium fine strands"), My twists are not super fat and puffy as you can see in the photos so they are not going to stand longer than a week, ill just co-wash with the twists still in and retwist each one weekly just to keep them from unraveling, I did them around a medium-small size, Im not into mini twists because my hair is not thick enough to pull that look off and the small-medium twists look nice on my texture and density.
To begin my Twists I first started off with a DEEP conditioning with oil treatment, washed that out and let it air dry in a puff overnight, I woke up this morning and went straight to twisting my hair like always I have my "what i wish i would have known" Well although i am satisfied with my twists I can not wait til Friday so I can retwist them this is because I feel like I did not twist tight enough! I twisted down my hair instead of not being lazy and twisting it properly and more tight for a longer time.Friday when i co-wash I am going to twist tighter and try the "sister twist method" because I am wearing the twists out of town and Id like them to stay at least til I arrive to Texas I feel they are a great "on the road hairstyle" being that it takes a whole day to drive from Illinois to Texas.
LAST THOUGHTS- If your hair feels dry and you find yourself touching it all the time or you are not retaining as much as you would like TRY protective styling I have always said it is not for me but I have a length goal and I plan on reaching it, and at some point you must listen to what your hair needs!
Because i twisted on Dry/Damp Hair I did not experience much shrinkage!



My hair can be manipulated straight EASILY if I`brush it it will lay down as I pulled my hair to twist the ends became more straight than curly but they are slowly reverting back due to a little water I spritzed on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment